Haunted House Exploration Haunted House Exploration

I really liked it, I could totally see this in a horror game! The disconsonance in some of the chords just adds to the eerie feeling. The white noise/wind in the background is perfect too. I would change much else about this. Perhaps just a personal preference, but I love when you have the effect of cut audio. glitching in sections of the track. It makes me feel like there is actually something wrong.

Side note: Is this actually going to be in a game?

gruber99 responds:

Hey thanks!

Yes! I was thinking about glitching the piano. I love that effect too. I may go back now and add a few subtle ones.

I wrote it for a game that's being developed in a game club I'm in. Not sure what's going to happen with the game when it's done, if anything. It was fun writing something for it nonetheless.

Chill Out Bro Chill Out Bro

This is some experimental stuff, that being said I really frickin' like it. It's almost eerie in the way it moves from the highs then the PHATTEST bass-line known to man hits you. Its a pleasant surprise.

The only problem I have with this is the arp that comes in at 1:30. I feel like it throws off the whole vibe of the song. I understand that you were trying to keep up variation and make it interesting, but perhaps something else (haunting chords) would better fit in that position.
Good work though, keep it up.

Dylpex responds:

Thank you very much for your response! I'll be sure to work on the arp line. This was my first attempt at something like this. I had a lot of fun doing it.

So it is So it is

I'm loving all of this, when i was listening to it, i literally spaced out and was only focusing on the music. Definitely a relaxing/chill piece. I could see vocals working with that too. It would be awesome to hear a finished version with vocals.

The only things that caught my attention was that cymbal sweep kinda thing that I heard every now and then. I think that could be a little less in your face. Maybe lower the volume a bit so it doesn't take away from the music as much.

If you could check out my song it would help a lot :)

IndustryStandard responds:

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it! Yeah I'm working on it a little right now, trying out a few different snares and high hats and such, and one of the things i did was bring down the cymbal sweep. It was actually starting to make things clip a little haha.

I'll check out your track, but if you're looking for reviews, you should post your track here: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1342843
(be sure to read the forum rules first)

The Grave The Grave

I enjoyed the emotions this gives you. I was a bit confused at the beginning because there was quite a bit of movement all at once, but when it slowed down at the end, it definitely hits you in the heart. I agree with the others being that I could see this in the ending of a game. Good stuff!

If you could help me out and review my song it would help a lot :)

Azhthar responds:

I understand what you mean with the sudden start here. The problem is I composed it for NIM in the bad ending category which was supposed to be less than a minute long, so there wasn´t much time for an entry. But glad to hear that you like it.

Concentration Concentration

It definitely has potential, but i feel like all the instruments are fighting to be heard and not blending as well. Choose one or two instruments to be the main focus and put everything else in the background or have come in at only certain sections. The drums could be beefed up a bit too so it gives it that jumpy feel. Just a couple things to work on to make some progress :)
If you could review my song that would help out a lot :D

Epitaph64 responds:

Thanks for the critique, I will investigate the leveling of the different instruments further :D

Funny Retard Zombie Funny Retard Zombie

I like it. The synth and bass are kind of experimental almost and haunting. I feel the hi hats could be accentuated a bit more, maybe boost some of the highs. I like the vocals too, but them seem to be pushed to the back of the mix, you could boost some highs/mids in the vocals too to help bring them forward. I like it though, I am a big fan of drum n bass
If you could review my track, that would help out a lot :)

HarraH responds:

Yeah I added the vocals as the last thing and only added reverb to them, didn't even EQ them lol.

Far away Far away

Dude the intro is literally on of the most beautiful intros i have heard. I love the transitions. The mixing is pretty on point. It def. deserves the five stars.
If you could help me out and review my track i would really appreciate it
Thanks :)

Electrical Assassin Electrical Assassin

I like this. I really like the synth you used for the melody i noticed that it slides from time to time and that variation make the song a lot more interesting. I agree with the previous review that the percussion and drums could use a little boost and that would make things pop. Are you using any mastering vst's? That would help with the mix. Other than that, solid production i could definitely get down to this. If you could review my track and help me out a bit, I'd really appreciate it :)

ADR3-N responds:

Yeah, I set the portamento on it to slide a little bit as the track went on. Thanks for the critique. I'm glad you liked!

Ocean of Loneliness Ocean of Loneliness

Wow... This is hauntingly beautiful to say the least. I'm going to be completely honest here and say that you have inspired me now. I love this piece. Keep up the great work, I can't wait to hear more!
If you could review my track, that would help me a lot

Promise Promise

Wow.. Just wow. This is seriously some amazing work. While it is amazing as a whole, what realyy stood out to me was that last note hit. That touched my heart. I cant explain it in words, but you music definitely has the power to move people.
Keep up the great work.
And if you have a chance to review one of my works in progress that would help a lot.